Thursday, May 30, 2013

Expecting different results

Last night I mentioned that I had forgotten to secure the black tarp after half of it blew off. Tonight when I got home the remaining half blew off... brilliant I know.

Today was late start Thursday which means I didnt have to be at work until 11. So I worked a little on the front yard then went to work. Late start Thursday means late end Thursday.  I barely made it home by 8 and by the time I got outside it was almost dark so all I really did was work a little soil in what is going to be my new flowerbed.  I feel a little disappointed I wasn't able to get more accomplished.

Someone asked me today what my blog was about. The truth is I have no idea. I am a shy person (hard to believe I know)  but I really am. I usually don't do things that I am not already sure how the outcome is and let's face it I have gotten kind of bored lately. When the kids go to their dads or are off with their friends I have to have something interesting to do. So I have decided to try something new each week. My boss told me today this might be a little aggressive but I think its manageable. Basically the things I start are going to need follow through or something and I consider that new as well. For example the garden. All new. Preparing, planting and growing are all new to me. So I could have several weeks worth of new things just in the garden.

Who knows maybe I will only keep it up for a bit but for now I am committed to growing and learning.

I am shooting in the dark with most of this so I welcome any suggestions or feedback.

The sky is the limit. If I can imagine it and afford it I think I will give it a try.

For tonight I am going to take my allergy filled self and try to hit the hay without coughing my head off all night.