Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Healing part one

Some interesting things I'm working on right now, well interesting & thought provoking to me:

"We are each responsible for all of our experiences. " Louise L. Hay.

"It's only a thought, and a thought can be changed." Louise L. Hay

Those two statements have had a profound awakening for me since I read them nearly eight months ago. Sometimes they are in the forefront of my mind and sometimes on the back burner. They creep up when I need them most and sometimes I listen and sometimes I don't. I guess that's how change is in our lives. We do it for a while then slip back to old habits then try again.

I also found interesting the following:

"We must release the past & forgive everyone. We must be willing to begin to learn to love ourselves. Self approval and self-acceptance in the now are the keys to positive changes. When we really love ourselves, everything in our life works."

Those things are easy enough to say or jot down on paper but how does one go about doing those things? If life were as easy as saying OK I'm going to think or do these things this way now then everyone would be in perfect alignment body mind and spirit right?

I believe that what we think about ourselves becomes our truth. What we believe is what those around us have believe and its a silly little circle that continues. Its not necessarily wrong, its just what we know. Before you can begin to change those thoughts and beliefs you have to recognise them to be self destructive and then work to change them.

Reading this book the first page asks a simple question: Which of these statements sounds like you?

"People are out to get me."
"Everyone is always helpful."

Personally my answer was somewhere in the middle. I don't believe either statement about myself however it opened my eyes to a starting place.

I'm actually looking forward to this new growing process and welcome any comments or feedback as I progress through the journey.

I've heard much feedback already. Most of the time I get the glazed over look and that sideways smirk and either people say its hippy thinking or there is no way your mind is responsible for your health. Some people are open and want to hear about my process. The bottom line is though its my journey & I've got to do something. Why not explore every avenue and try my hardest for a great outcome?

Resources: Hay, Louise L. : you can heal your life (2012) Hay House Inc.