Sunday, January 4, 2015

All sides considered

I am amazed by the outpouring of support I have gotten in the last few days. I know I have a great support system & know those that I can count on in every day situations. What surprised me has been the complete and total support from people that I never considered. In case you are wondering what the heck I'm talking about I will fill you in on a few situations. I can't, at this point, give many details so forgive me for being vague. Starting in New Years Eve my family (or members of it) have been deeply impacted by situations. Either because people close to them were involved in situations or because of situations they have found themselves in. None of them are good.

Much as I suspected all of the situations have resulted in the public trial of many people, often times with misinformation and people hearing part of the story then inflating it for their own telling and before you know it they are all out of control. People I would normally consider educated, level headed people have been posting things on Facebook that make me question their sanity. As information became available to me Friday on a situation directly involving my family members I was outraged at the information on Facebook. For a moment I wanted to set the record straight then realized everything is on video & we are honest people who go out of our way to help people & the truth will come out.

The outpouring of love & support has made me realize how lucky I am to be surrounded by such people. I kind of expect that sort of support from people I have known for years. My family, a few close friends. What I didn't expect were those fairly new relationships. Those that I've only known a handful of years. The phone calls and messages telling me they know my kids and know what was being said could not be true, those that said they know I'm a good mom, those that said they love us all and whatever happens they are here with us. Its just been amazing. And not the fluff kind of support that people give automatically because its expected, kind of like when you ask someone how are you & they automatically say good even though its the worst day of their lives. The deep, true compassion that is genuine.

Besides realizing how wonderful the people in my life are I also realized there are three sides to everything. Yours, theirs & the truth. It takes a bad situation (or in this case one everyday since the new year), to bring out everyone's true colors. Quickly people either toss stone's from their glass house, or jump up on their high horse, but also quickly people are there with open arms and encouragement. I prefer to stick with the latter. They seem a little more real & long term. Forgive me for ever being anything other than genuine and kind.

Should you find yourself reading this and you think you may know something or are curious just ask me (via private message) & I will happily tell you.

Here's to a peaceful rest of 2015