Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Unrealistic expectations

This time last week I had high hopes of how I would spend my post surgery time. I thought the first day would be on the couch, flipping through the channels relaxing. I thought day two I would wake up refreshed and spend the day cleaning house and I thought today I would be back to work. I envisioned spending time planning out my garden.

Boy was I wrong.

I did spend Monday on the couch. No channel flipping as I was passed out waking long enough for Jeff to change my bandage and get me a drink. He was so good to me. He didn't leave my side at all. I also spent Tuesday on the couch. Also sleeping. Getting up to take the dogs out and that's it. I was supposed to go back to work today. I woke up at 5:45 am and could hardly move. No way was I going to make it in today either.

I have been relatively pain free until tonight. I've been very stuffed up and totally exhausted. I've also been swollen however not more than I expected. Tonight however I can breath somewhat but I have a ton of pain. In fact I have taken my first ever pain pill.

I am planning to return to work tomorrow. I was planning to return to my workouts tomorrow as well but that might take another day or so yet.

I guess I'll have to leave the garden planning until this weekend. I can hardly wait to start my seeds and get things going.

I did get one thing accomplished today. I submitted my application to Excelsior college.... now I have to decide if I want to continue my nursing or explore some other ideas I've had, like a health coach or something a little more holistic. Stay tuned for that.

Let's hope this surgery helps because right now I am regretting it very much.