Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year, New Me

Last year I started the new year with a new job and by trying to learn and do new things. My goal was to step out of my comfort zone and do things I normally wouldn't. I feel like I tried several new things with great success. I started and finished a lot of outdoor projects. I started working on getting healthy by working with a trainer and eating better. I have amazed myself with how great its been. I have worked on retraining my thinking so I could see the glass half full.

I've been thinking what I will set as my goal for this year.

I still love my job so I have no plans of changing that. I love the idea of continuing the projects I started last year. I feel like this is MY big year. My last year in my 30's, the year its all going to happen for me. As silky as that sounds I feel that way.

For to long I have needed other people to validate me. Things that now looking back are silly. Like if Jeff didn't marry me there must be something wrong with me or he didn't love me. Like if people didn't notice the progress I've made it must not be that great. If my people didn't rave about my garden it must be less than good enough.

How goofy that all is.

The truth is I have been working really hard on becoming the best me. Jeff loves me and my children so much and takes such good care of us. I have worked very hard and I don't need that validated. The fact is I am who I am. I like myself more now than I ever have. I can't wait to see where this takes me!

Happy 2014