Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thinking out loud

Finally I am starting to feel better. Doctor said I have a sinus infection and double ear infection. Today is actually the best I have felt in almost a month. I started stressing because I was feeling so bad I didn't care if I ate or what I ate and I had to miss three days of working out. Looking back it was the best thing for me however I still worry about the progress I might have lost.

One of the main reasons I started this whole body makeover was because my cholesterol was high, my blood pressure was high and basically I was on the verge of my health taking a turn I wasn't comfortable with. Last week I redid my blood work. I expected a miracle. What I got was realistic results. In two and a half months I dropped my LDL 25 points, my tryglicerides over 30 points. My glucose almost 50. The bad part is my HDL also dropped but the overall picture is wonderful! I was a Goofball and worried so much about the blood work. I should have trusted the process. The thing is though that for me to do this was huge. Not just because historically I am not a physically active person to this degree but rather the money. Jeff being out of work we have been struggling to keep it all together. I don't get any child support from my ex and unfortunately it has been a year of one thing after another so it been tough. Jeff and I talked about it and decided we couldn't afford not to do this. That being said I wasn't exactly honest about how much the process would cost. There are actually only two people I did tell how much it cost. I would happily pay twice as much as I have already because the changes I have already had have been worth it but the timing was just off. Under our normal circumstances it wouldn't even have been a problem.
But I feel like I invested everything into it. That my family's future is kind of resting on my success and results so its a big deal.

Anyway I got off subject....

Speaking of going to the doctor....

I have always struggled to find the balance between medications and homoeopathic treatments. I'm not all hipppy natural or anything but I do believe all natural resources should be tried first. An example of this would be my elevated cholesterol. My doctor gave me a statin to take. The results were that my legs and back ached so bad. My legs felt as if they weighed a million pounds. With a little hard work and some help by someone that knew what they were doing I was able to make changes with diet and exercise. Another example is someone that has a vitamin deficiency. Often times that can mimic something else. Like to little vitamin D can cause symptoms like fibro. Often times its not checked. So maybe if people are better educated on nutrition and accurate testing is done people wouldn't have to take so many man made drugs? That's one reason I am so proud to work with Kim. I believe she considers all of those things and when I am curious about things she is so good about talking it out. Actually I have found the providers at the office I work to be that way. I did have one roll his eyes at me when I asked about cinnamon and honey lowering cholesterol but more in a playful way.

I have always been intrigued by the body and its ability to change and repair. How nutrition affects it. All aspects of it. People are funny things. Its interesting to me to figure the tangled mess out. To try to be part of the process of making it whole. I should probably figure out how I can do that on a larger scale while still doing what I love.

Thanksgiving is this week. I am looking forward to doing things a little different this year. I will start by working out then tweak our normal dishes a little hopefully without anyone knowing :).  We also have a new nurse starting this week. I was told Friday that the person that shares my work space is going to move so the new nurse can sit there. It really bumms me out but I guess its not my call.

I feel kind of bad I haven't been over to see Audrey and Blake for a week. I miss that little girl and I really want to have time to bond with Blake. Maybe this week.

I spent the weekend sanitizing this house. I swear there was a half inch of dust on everything. Clutter found its way everywhere and all of it was holding onto germs. Dramatic I know. Its gone now though and my least favorite thing to do is mop this stupid floor on my hands and knees. Let's hope it stays clean longer than a day.

Wow.... that's a lot about nothing.

Enjoy your family this week!