Tuesday, August 12, 2014

New things

Along the lines of trying new things I thought I'd give some foods a try. First were the beans I grew in the garden. For the second year in a row they have produced so many and they just look like they would taste great. So I ate one. I didn't love it but I didn't exactly hate it either. I forced myself to eat the entire thing. Later that week Jeff made some he was sure I'd love. Cooked in butter & smothered in cheese. They were good but counter productive to my health goals.

Next onto tuna fish from a can. I don't like mayo or miracle whip so I've never had it. I added some lemon and seasoning and guess what... Loved it. I even got Kevin to try some. I loved it for about 45 minutes then the hives started. After thinking about it I don't think I have an allergy to the tuna because I've had tuna steaks before. It was more likely an additive or something. Perhaps one day I'll try it again but not for a while.

Last night I had the opportunity to try another food I have been wanting to. Tomatoes. The neighbor gave me a cherry tomato and before I could think I popped it right in my mouth. Not good. Didn't like it.

All in all I'm pretty impressed. While none of my new tries were successful I at least tried. It has taken me thirty-some years to get up the nerve but I did.

Non food new tries this week were pretty fun as well. A group of 3 of us wanted to get some extra workouts in so we got together with no plan & no direction and did 30 minutes of cardio. Usually I wouldn't have done anything in front of other people especially not knowing what the hell I was doing but we did it and were sweaty & nothing got injured. I'd say pretty good.

I'm also trying to ignore the things that have been bothering me lately about people. I need to be more tolerant and remember everyone is going through things.